Find Your Obsession

Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Oceans 7 history; Plus Oceans cover J'Adore Magazine! Owww! ;)


"You might get yo flow, get yo dough but you can't f*ck wit the OCEANS crew doe!"
-Oceans 7, "Too Much Swag"

Many people (including me) tune in every week to watch Jermaine Dupri and the Oceans 7 on Living the Life. The Oceans 7 includes: Jermaine Dupri, Bryan Michael-Cox, Tyrone, Johnta Austin, Trey Songz, Nelly and Usher. The Oceans have been called "major pioneers in the music game." They always make sure their swagg is through the roof when they enter a public place and always stay on top of not only music, but they also stay on top of trends and start many of them on their own. They released their mixtape "That 3000 and 9 S*it" late May 2009.

I will say, I was a little skeptical about downloading their mixtape at first not only because it was my first mixtape, but also because I didn't know any of the guys had been working on anything. But believe me obsessers, once I downloaded that greatness, I couldn't STOP listening to it. I HAD to know what the next line, hook and verse would be before I turned off my iPod (which was extremely hard to do). They remade many great songs like "Aint I" (Yung LA feat. T.I.), and "Day N Nite" (Kid Cudi). They also took the "owe me sex" sample from Kayne's verse in "I Put On" (w/ Young Jeezy) and made a song out of that.

I say all this to say that the Oceans 7 will be on the cover of the next J'Adore Magazine, which hits stands nationwide on September 7th. There's a video of them at the J'Adore photoshoot below. :)








Love you for Reading,
Sara Soleil
Owwww! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment